...the BEST English-Learner's site on the 'Net!
Past and Present Participles (-ed / -ing)
Use the word in parenthesis and add -ed or -ing to complete the sentences.
1. I was
by the movie. It was very interesting.
2. The subject of the film was
3. I always find nature films
4. My friend was also
by the film.
1. Steve is
2. Sports cars are especially
3. Lee is
4. I think gardening is
too. I have roses in my garden.
1. Sometimes grammar is
! Studying it makes me sleepy!
2. Sara was
by her grammar lesson.
3. The professor's grammar lesson was
. I fell asleep!
4. The students were
by the grammar lesson.
1. Sue is
tonight. She worked very hard today.
2. Jack is also
today. He worked for 13 hours.
3. Working hard all day can be very
4. Trying to speak English all day can get
1. Reading in another language can be very
2. They get
when they don't understand the vocabulary.
3. Slang words can make them feel
4. Trying to understand slang can be very
1. Sasha is
about the birthday present from Mary.
2. The new sweater fits perfectly. That is very
3. In the past, Mary
Sasha with clothes, but they were always the wrong size.
4. The fact that the sweater fit was
1. Is learning English
2. Are you
with your progress in English?
3. It's important to be
1. My friend was
because I was late. She hates when I'm late!
2. When she is
with me, I feel bad.
3. I don't think that being late is such an
A) fascinated /fascinating /fascinating /fascinated
B) interested /interesting /interested /interesting
C) boring /bored /boring /bored
D) tired /tired /tiring /tiring
E) frustrating /frustrated /frustrated /frustrating
F) surprised /surprising /surprised /surprising
G) pleasing /pleased /pleased
H) annoyed /annoyed /annoying
Copyright (C) Kaye Mastin Mallory / English-Zone.Com