ENGLISH-ZONE.COM HOLIDAY PAGES
A VALENTINE'S DAY QUIZ
1) Does the date of Valentine's Day change?
2) Who is Valentine's Day named after?
3) What does the word "valentine" mean?
4) What do red roses mean in the language of love?
Let's get divorced.
I love you.
You're my friend.
5) What do white roses mean in the language of love?
I'm faithful and loyal.
I'm angry and sad.
I'm in love with you.
6) What do sweethearts send to each other on Valentine's Day?
7) Who shoots arrows at people on Valentine's Day?
8) What part of the body must Cupid's arrows hit to be effective?
9) What is the Greek word for Cupid, God of Love?
10) Who are Shakesphere's "Star-crossed Lovers"?
King Tut and Cleopatra
Romeo and Juliet
Fred and Wilma
11) What type of bird symbolizes Valentine's Day?
12) What happens to someone struck by Cupid's arrow?
They become lovestruck.
They get a headache.
13) What is romantic about doves?
They mate for life.
They are white.
They are pretty.
14) According to English tradition - what happens to the first man that a woman sees on Valentine's Day?
She'll marry him.
She'll kiss him.
15) What flower is the common symbol of Valentine's Day?
a red rose
16) What is the color of love?
17) What is the color of purity and faith?
18) What date was the first recorded Valentine card sent?
19) A person who is quick to show feelings of love are said to wear his/her heart on his/her ___.
20) Kiss this animal and change it into a prince magically!