...the BEST English-Learner's site on the 'Net!
Comparatives - one syllable words
Choose the correct completion.
1) (large) Sarah's house is ____ than Shannon's house.
b) more larger
d) more large
3) (sad) Today I was ____ than I was yesterday.
c) more sad
d) more sadder
5) (old) Germany is an ____ country than the United States.
a) more older
b) more old
7) (tall) Jack is much _____ than his sister, Jennifer.
c) more tall
d) more taller
9) (wet) The grass is _____ than the sidewalk.
a) more wetter
b) more wet
2) (smart) Jason is ____ in math than his brother.
b) more smart
c) more smarter
4) (cute) I think kittens are ____ than puppies.
a) more cuter
b) more cute
6) (young) My sister Elaine is ____ than my brother Fred.
a) more younger
b) more young
8) Monkeys and chimpanzees are _____ than birds. (big)
c) more big
d) more bigger
10) My cat Neko is _____ than my other cat, Sebastian. (soft)
c) more soft
d) more softer
Review comparative spelling rules
Quiz Data Copyright © 1998, 1999
Kaye Mastin Mallory
Java Script Quiz powered By
Copyright (C) Kaye Mastin Mallory / English-Zone.Com