...the BEST English-Learner's site on the 'Net!
Verbs and Prepositions Combinations C
Did you STUDY Verb and Preposition Combinations C first?
Marylin very much. He's in love with her.
2. Marilyn isn't in love with Jack. She only
her career. She wants to be famous.
3. My brother and I
our parents to take care of us when we were young.
4. My hometown is small
___ New York City.
5. A Ford is a cheap car
___ a Mercedes Benz.
6. Mark always
___ getting up early to go to work. He prefers to sleep late.
7. Hot chocolate
__ milk, sugar and cocoa. Yummy!
____ finishing our travel plans.
$10.00 ____ the political campaign.
10. Please don't
____ dinner. I didn't have time to go to the store. Just eat your sandwich!
correct answers out of 10
1) Jack CARES FOR Marylin very much. He's in love with her.
2) She only CARES ABOUT her career.
3) My brother and I COUNTED ON our parents to take care of us when we were young.
4) My hometown is small COMPARED WITH New York City.
5) A Ford is a cheap car COMPARED TO a Mercedes Benz.
6) Mark always COMPLAINS ABOUT getting up early to go to work.
7) Hot chocolate CONSISTS OF milk, sugar and cocoa. Yummy!
8) Let's CONCENTRATE ON finishing our travel plans.
9) Wendy CONTRIBUTED $10.00 TO the political campaign.
10) Please don't COMPLAIN ABOUT Dinner.